Saturday, August 19, 2006

Day 1 Redmond to Missoula,MT

Finally hit the road after all the to-do's were complete at 10:30 a.m. Arrived in Missoula at 6:30 after an uneventful trip.

How many people does it take to lift a Harley that has tipped on it's side? Now I know the answer...3.
When I pulled off the road to get a photo of the "Welcome to Idaho" sign, when I got back on the bike, I put my right foot down and slipped on the gravel. Good news was there happened to be a large motorcycle rally in Couer D'Alene so two bikers driving by pulled over and gave me a hand and some kidding. Bikers seem to always be ready to help each other, which is one of the reasons I treasure the opportunity to ride. Oh well, geez I was just trying to get a photo! If you ever find yourself in Missoula and are looking for a great place to eat, I highly recommend McKenzie River Pizza. The Spicy Italian Sausage Lasagna is spectacular and the have a "Smoked Irish Ale" that is very unique.

Tomorrow I hope to be off to Billings, MT and check in for the actual Iron Pony Ride. Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Colorado said...

Hi Miles!
Mom and I left messages yesterday, but it looks like you didn't get them. It's good to see you got to Missoula okay. It's good those bikers were coming by at that time. We're praying that God will watch over you each mile of the way. We'll continue to pray that this ride is one of the most incredible experiences ever for you! Take care.

Love ya,
Mom and Sandy